Goat’s milk seems like an odd extra ingredient to add to your body care regimen. Believe it or not, the goat’s milk is not just a gimmick for us to put a cute little goat on our sign. The milk has many benefits that will have you never looking back to your corporate-power soaps from your local big-box store.
Through the years it has become very apparent that many companies are no longer looking to benefit their consumers. Everything is about cutting costs and creating the highest possible margin. These products have evolved from personal care to destruction. Mass-produced products now can contain “hormone disrupting phthalates, poisonous triclosan, heavy metals, and toxic surfactants” (yuck). Products like these are just outright dangerous, especially if you have sensitive skin.
We, as consumers, have the right to be aware of what our products contain and the effects they have on our long-term health!
Now, lets talk goats.
The Spirit Goat soap is made with goat’s milk and a mixture of luxurious vegetable-based oils. Each soap is enhanced with shea butter to create a highly-moisturizing bar. Other natural ingredients (e.g., oatmeal, herbs, clays, and silk) are added to certain soaps to provide specific skincare qualities.
Our soaps are made in small batches and are individually cut, resulting in variations between bars and among batches. Colors may vary due to the handcrafted nature of our soap. Just by the look in our product, you can tell how much care we put into making a healthy alternative to the mass-produced toxins that are traditionally offered.
The reason we chose to work with goat’s milk, aside from our owners beautiful pet goats, is because of all the wonderful qualities and effects the milk has on the skin. To name a few, goat’s milk….
- Has anti-aging properties- Goat’s milk has a high content of alpha-hydroxy acids (such as lactic acid). These acids break down dead skin cell bonds and remove these cells from the skin’s surface. This leaves behind a beautiful, smooth surface with youthful, new cells. These acids also take place of the main-stream chemical acids that are typically found in water-based soaps to break down the dead skin cells. The lasting effect of these harsh chemicals is similar to a chemical “burn.” Since we use goat’s milk, you don’t have to worry about the long-term effects, other than beautiful skin! Who wouldn’t want such natural rejuvenation?
- Has anti-inflammatory properties- due to the milk’s fat molecule content, it has the ability to sooth your skin. This cream is also a wonderful moisturizer for dry and damaged skin. This is important because keeping skin naturally moisturized helps keep skin healthy.
- It’s loaded with essential vitamins for your skin- including vitamin D, C, B1, B6, B12, and E, that feed the skin and are absorbed into the body. Goat’s milk is particularly high in Vitamin A, which is necessary to repair damaged skin tissue, and maintain healthy skin. There have been several medical studies showing that creams made with Vitamin A reduce lines and wrinkles, control acne, and provide some psoriasis relief. Water-based soaps can be artificially fortified with vitamins, but most aren’t.
- Not only vitamins, but also essential minerals– One of the most important minerals found in goat’s milk is selenium. Selenium is believed by scientists to have an important role in preventing skin cancer. It also can help prevent damage to the skin from excessive time in the sun.
- Can treat acne– Goat’s milk has anti-bacterial properties. These delay the growth of microbial organisms that spur the spread of acne. Welcome to moisturized and blemish free skin!
- It is wonderful for sensitive skin- Goat’s milk is rich in essential fatty acids and triglycerides. These elements have a unique PH level that is very similar to humans. This makes the soap less irritating and more easily absorbed by our skin. These fatty acids and triglycerides are super moisturizing.
Hmmm…. are goats the solution to all our skin-care needs? They are seeming more and more like little miracle workers! All these benefits can not go unnoticed, which is why they are such a large ingredient in many of our products.
You can try it out yourself at spiritgoat.com and experience all these magnificent properties for yourself! (I suggest the lotion, it’s magical)
WE LOVE OUR GOATS